Tackle Your Feelings
Tackle your Feelings is Zurich Ireland's community investment initiative, run in partnership with Rugby Players Ireland (formerly IRUPA). It aims to reduce the stigma around mental health and provide people with the tools and resources to be more proactive in looking after their emotional wellbeing.
Mental health is a growing health, social and economic issue in Ireland. It is expected that depressive mental illnesses will be the leading cause of chronic disease in high-income countries by 2030 and 1-in-4 will experience mental health problems during their lifetime*. The Irish mortality rate from suicide in the 15-24 age group is the fourth highest in the EU, and the third highest among young men aged 15-19.
Tackle Your Feelings (TYF) was established with a clear vision to promote the view that being honest with how you are feeling is brave. Being connected to your emotions encourages people to open up to others for support, and by taking this preventative measure, allows people to look after and maintain their mental and emotional wellbeing.
Tackle Your Feelings (TYF) is supported by the Zurich Foundation. The campaign was in launched in 2016 and has seen some of Ireland's rugby heroes step forward to share their own stories of the challenges they have faced and have encouraged others to share their stories through the TYF Café. The response to the campaign so far has been very positive; gaining huge traction on social media, as well as in the mainstream media, and the feedback from those who have engaged in the campaign tells us that we are making a difference.
Tackle Your Feelings Rugby Players Ireland Ambassadors, Connaught's Jake Heenan, former Leinster player Shane Jennings and Irish rugby union player for Leinster Rugby, Jack McGrath shared their emotional wellness stories and explained why it's important to be open about our feelings and be brave enough to seek support. Their videos are available to view on our YouTube channel.
As part of the Tackle Your Feelings initiative, Rugby Players Ireland and Zurich hosted a number of events in 2016 to promote mental wellness to Zurich employees. In Dublin and Wexford, panel discussions took place featuring TYF Zurich Ambassadors who shared their personal stories about dealing with a mental wellbeing challenge, along with former Leinster and Ireland player, Shane Jennings and mental health expert and Clinical Psychologist, Dr Eddie Murphy who provided practical advice on how to proactively manage mental wellbeing.
Employee feedback after event was extremely positive:
"I think this is one of the best initiatives I have seen Zurich support. I'm proud of the efforts the organisation is putting into this issue - congratulations to all involved."
"I was impressed and believe that it is a genuine effort by the company to support and do it in an appropriate and informed way."
"One of the best events I have attended in my long career with Zurich."
Find out how you can #TackleYourFeelings by visiting www.tackleyourfeelings.com which serves as a comprehensive resource for people dealing with mental wellbeing issues, as well as family and friends, through interactive tools, information and advice.
Head over to our Facebook page where we're running a competition to win an Ireland Rugby Jersey. Simply tell us (on the competition post) what activities you do to help clear your mind and don't forget to include the #TackleYourFeelings hashtag. T&Cs apply.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS (JULY 2017)
- The promoter is Zurich Life Assurance plc. whose registered office is at Zurich House, Frascati Road, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
- The competition is open to residents of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of Zurich Life and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.facebook.com/ZurichLifeIreland/.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 18th August 2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: On Facebook, entrants share the activities they do to help clear their mind, and include the #TackleYourFeelings hashtag.
- Zurich Life reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter's control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Zurich Life Assurance plc. is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Zurich Life is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- There are 3 prizes of Ireland Rugby Jerseys (size to be notified to Zurich by the winner). The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Zurich Life will judge the competition and decide on the winner, which will be picked at random from all complete entries via Facebook
- The winner will be notified by DM on Facebook within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered
- The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry including any photographs or images shared. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- The winner's name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Zurich Life and not to any other party.
*http://health.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HealthyIrelandBrochureWA2.pdf who have the following reference: McManus S, Meltzer H, Brugha T, al e. Adult Psychiatric Morbidity in England, 2007: Results of a household survey. Leeds: NHS Information centre for health and social care, 2009.