American Select Fund (Columbia Threadneedle)
The American Select Fund (Threadneedle) aims to achieve capital growth by investing in companies domiciled in North America, or with significant North American operations.
- Managed by Threadneedle Investments.
- Indicative equity exposure: 100% of the value of the fund.
- Select group of up to 50 equities from the Americas region.
- Focus is on sector and stock selection skills.
- Managed from the point of view of a eurozone investor.
- Risk rating: 6
Who should invest in the fund?
- Suitable for investors who are comfortable with high levels of risk.
- Attractive to long-term investors seeking superior returns from equity investments in the established and emerging markets of the Americas region.
- Will appeal to investors who wish to invest in the Americas Region and want access to Zurich Life's track record of strong sector and stock selection skills.
Find out if this fund is available for your product choice (PDF - 210 KB)
How it works
The Threadneedle Investments American Select Fund aims to achieve capital growth through investing in companies domiciled in North America or which have significant North American operations. These include smaller and emerging growth companies, those with potential for merger or takeover, those with new management recovery situations and exploration companies. There will be no particular sector specialisation.
The 'Select' investment approach means that the fund has the flexibility to take significant stock and sector positions which may lead to increased levels of volatility. As this fund invests outside the eurozone, a currency risk arises for a euro investor. This fund is managed by Threadneedle Investments.
Annualised Performance (%)*
*Notes: Annual management charges (AMC) apply. The fund performance shown is before the full AMC is applied on your policy.
Returns are based on offer/offer performance and do not represent the return achieved by individual policies linked to the fund.
The fund price/performance shown is for the Pension / Gross of Tax Funds category.
*Source: Zurich Life
**Note: Asset Splits are updated monthly.
Why Columbia Threadneedle?
Columbia Threadneedle is an international asset manager offering a range of investment funds. Founded in 1994 and headquartered in London, Columbia Threadneedle is fully-owned by Ameriprise Financial, a publicly quoted investment company, which is listed on the NYSE. Columbia Threadneedle has $467 billion* of assets under management and has a presence in sixteen countries.
*Source: Columbia Threadneedle, March 2017.
Threadneedle Investment Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.