Indexed India Equity Fund
This fund is closed to new business
The Indexed India Equity Fund is a unit-linked fund that gives you the opportunity to share in the performance of companies in India’s emerging economy.
- Indicative equity exposure: 100% of the value of the fund.
- The fund invests in an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) that aims to track the performance of the Morgan Stanley Capital International Inc. (MSCI) India Index.
- It offers access to the performance of Indian equities, without incurring large costs and without the administrative difficulties or constraints of dealing directly in India.
- Risk rating: 6
Who should invest in the fund?
- Appeals to investors who wish to invest in equities from India’s emerging market.
- Due to its high equity exposure and the nature of emerging markets, the fund may be volatile and will generally appeal to investors with a very high risk preference.
- Suitable for investors with a medium to long-term investment horizon.
Find out if this fund is available for your product choice (PDF - 112 KB)
How it works
The fund objective is to provide investors with exposure to Indian equities. The fund currently achieves this by investing in the Lyxor UCITS ETF MSCI India.
This is an Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) managed by Lyxor. Zurich Life reserves the right to replace this ETF with another fund at any stage.
Lyxor aims to replicate the performance of the MSCI Index indirectly using derivative instruments. As the MSCI India Index is priced in rupees, a currency risk arises for a euro investor. This unit-linked fund is denominated in euro.
Lyxor does not guarantee that the ETF will always mirror the index due to, amongst other things, the time lag and costs of reflecting changes in the index.
Lyxor Asset Management is authorized and regulated by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF).
Annualised Performance (%)*
*Notes: Annual management charges (AMC) apply. The fund performance shown is before the full AMC is applied on your policy.
Returns are based on offer/offer performance and do not represent the return achieved by individual policies linked to the fund.
The fund price/performance shown is for the Pension / Gross of Tax Funds category.
*Source: Zurich Life
**Note: Asset Splits are updated monthly.
Our investment team is based in Blackrock, Co. Dublin and is responsible for managing funds of approximately €20.8 billion*. The most senior members of the investment team have been together for more than fifteen years. It is the close co-operation of our fund managers in making investment decisions across assets, sectors and markets that differentiates us from other fund managers. We have an integrated team-based investment process which ensures that we implement our investment strategy quickly and effectively. We are active investment managers with a macro-economic approach, which is top-down and asset allocation driven. We construct our portfolios to allow us to take advantage of opportunities over all parts of the economic cycle. Zurich has an excellent reputation for investment performance and customer service.
*Source: Zurich, December 2016.