Saving for your children's future
As a parent, you want to give your child the best start to adult life. A solid second and third-level education may lead your child on to great accomplishments in later life - but it can be expensive. Starting to plan early for your children's education is really helpful because it spreads the cost over a longer period. Plus, you can choose savings options that may bring higher growth potential. Our Child Savings Plus Plan is specially designed to allow you to start shaping a future for your kids.
There is a Key Information Document (KID) available on this product. This document is a good source of further information and can be found here.
What is Child's Savings Plus?
Child's Savings Plus is a regular premium, unit-linked savings plan. It allows you to invest in a range of investment funds at the start of the policy. The policy may be assigned to your child at any time, who will then be entitled to its benefits.
Who's it for?
- Parents who wish to save for their children's education.
- Relatives or god-parents who would like to put aside money for a child's future.
- Those happy to save for a period of 5 years or more.
Main features of this plan:
- Peace of mind - that your child will have the opportunity to learn and study in the future.
- Smart savings - this plan makes full use of annual gift tax exemption limits.
- Flexibility - you can vary your payments whenever you like.
How does it work?
Starting a Child's Savings Plus plan is very simple.
- You can choose which Zurich Life Funds to invest in at the outset. We can help with that.
- You'll need to decide how much you wish to put aside each month - it can be as little as €75. We can help you figure out how much you might need to save, depending on how long you plan to save.
- Then you can assign the policy to your child to maximize gift tax savings.
The information contained herein is based on Zurich Life's understanding of current Revenue practice as at October 2017 and may change in the future.